Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time to Self

     As I get older I begin to appreciate me time.  I've come to realize how important me time is ever since I had children.  Before my children came into the picture, I had a need to live the social scene in the place of me time.  Of course there is nothing wrong with having a bountiful sociall ife.  However, what about chilling out and relaxing with just self.  Sitting back and becoming more enlightened by the many beautiful creations God has provided Earth.  Looking around and seeing through the trash and pollution of the cities, and instead seeing the beatiful murals, or the animals, or the flowers and grass.  Tuning out the screams and yells, or the profanity and fights, or the loud trucks, buses, or planes; to just seek the sounds of laughter, the smells of cooking foods or clean laundry, the sights of hand holding, and smiles, and innocent playfulness.  There is so much more to life than the negative news reports, or the ignorant co-worker, or the rude bus driver, or the addict family member, or the back-stabbing friend, or the "testing my patience" significant other.  Too often people say "life is too short".  Too often we procrastinate truly living.  We have too many unimportant things wasting space in our mind.  We need to reprioritize our lives and give time to self.  Meditate on life and the fact that we have it. 

     Many people are clueless on how to just be still.  Don't move.  They are easily distracted.  Just close your eyes and exhale.  You think you don't have the time when you really do.  I am one of those people who when I know I have a list of things to do, I like to get them out of the way within 24 hrs, especially since in the next 24 hrs I will have another list.  Give yourself a couple of minutes a day to meditate.  This will not interfere with daily chores.  Just place meditation on your to do lists and it will become habitual.   There is a book called "The Ultimate Meditation Guide".  You will learn the benefits to meditation, which type of meditation works for you, how to refocus your attitude, and so much more.  You need this.  So click on the book title, "The Ultimate Meditation Guide", to learn more. It's check-out time for those free loading Negative Perceptions, her cousin Stress, and his nephew Busy.  They've over-stayed their welcome.  So have time to self and make room for meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment